Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday

Well today started out great. I taught my classes and then off to the office for clients. That was good too. I did what exercises I could as I try. We stopped for gas and Beth was going to pump the gas. I thought I would help her to be nice. I opened the door and it would only open a little over half way. I noticed it and commented on it but went forward to get out. Well you guessed it because as I got out of the car to help Beth pump gas I lost my balance and down I went. I tried repeatedly as I was falling to gain balance but I could not. I came close to knocking Beth down too as between gas pumps and auto there was no where for me to grab or balance. I remember thinking as I was falling, "God I am powerless to help myself". I tried so hard while falling to react and recover but I couldn't do it no matter how hard I tried. So I hit my forehead against the car and then the back of head where it was sewn and trying to heal. I started bleeding and Beth checked me out and got me home. I am still learning that the agility I have enjoyed for 52 years is no longer. A hard lesson to learn. The bleeding was not that bad and after some ice along with Vicodin pills I am doing much better. I just cannot get the helpless feeling out of my head of falling down and unable to do anything about it. Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh! Not the head again!! OUCH!! I am glad you are ok!

    ReplyDelete