Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Monday first day of classes

Well my first I am sorry for no updates over the weekend. Saturday night was a terrible night for me. I was up every hour with headache and a nausea feeling, which lasted into almost all of Sunday. That is one reason I did not update then as I spent most of the day resting, taking medication and rehabbing. As stated earlier the doctors warned me of this and it is true. Sunday night was a restful night and Monday was a much better day for me. Beth went out and bought me some new shoes to wear with my brace and after a bit of wiggling we got them to work. They make some specifically for the brace but they cost like $170 and I have a hard time spending that much. I am not sure why I felt so ill Saturday night as I didn't really do anything special to trigger it. Well Beth and I headed out for my first day of classes today. Let me tell you I was a bit nervous as I am teaching at the downtown campus [so Beth drives me because it is one block from her workplace] and I am new to the brace. It was not that easy getting around and all, one professor reminded me, "take your time, they cannot start without you." LOL! How right he is. Kate sent me some encouraging text messages which also helped me in my new role. The two classes went well and I am looking forward to my two classes tomorrow. I will say that back to back classes was a bit draining so I will be even more prepared tomorrow. At least I can come back to my office and hibernate for a bit. I will walk to Beth's office and then home from there. I shared with my students my interesting summer as most noticed my "cool" hair cut, I gotta get it trimmed and evened out. I told the students that normally I am all over the room when I lecture however with this new AFO brace I am a bit more limited in my abilities. It makes me desire all the more to get to a point where I can kick the brace off and not need it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment