Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday September 5th

Well I got my new brace and it works pretty good. My shoes do not fit over it but we can get new ones, Beth has a plan all worked out. I am suppose to wear the brace for a few hours in the early day and a few in the later day increasing the time every day so I get use to it. Well after wearing it for awhile today I actually mowed my front lawn. I had Beth's permission to do so, of course the eagle eye sat on the front porch while I mowed. When I finished I felt so good being able to mow. I know is sounds weird, after having to mow a lawn for thirty some years to actually say it was rewarding to mow. It was one more accomplishment on my road of recovery. I feel so good seeing accomplishments in my walk. My family members tell me I am stubborn which if anyone reading this knew me in the days when I worked in the Union knows I had my moments and now it is paying off. I need to do my exercises more so now especially since my pt is cut back to two days a week. I am looking at next week with mixed emotions as I go to teach. I know it will be challenging, getting to class, meeting over 100 new students, lecturing and coordinating my teachings while attempting to get into a new routine of going downtown with Beth four days a week. I still look back at the lawn and smile with pride of accomplishment, it may sound silly but it means so much. Simple things sometimes in life have so much meaning and we or I miss them much too often. Thank you all so much.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your brace is working good. I hope that everything goes well as you go back to teach.

    ReplyDelete