Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sept 10 Thursday

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. I can tell you it has been a long week. Teaching my four new classes this week, seeing clients and attending a support group I developed (was going to lead) has been a struggle. It is a lot to deal with and I am seeing that I expect Phil to live up to what he would have been able to provide before the surgery happened. Well I am learning that is not going to be the case as much as I may want it. I guess no matter how determined I might be I can only push my recovery so much. People have been great in coming to my aid in rides. I have my first physical therapy visit tomorrow in about ten days. It will be nice to get some therapy but I am wondering how being away from it will be. I have been told that it may take 6 months to a year for me to re gain usage. I will say that the people around me say that I am doing much better and I am making improvements as far as I can tell. I do know that Kate said I had to learn a new normal and I am constantly learning it. Every time I think about learning a new normal I think of Kate and her saying that to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment