Wednesday, August 12, 2009

August 12th

Well I had another successful day at rehab. They had me walk the whole distance of the parking lot which may not sound like a lot but it is. Besides that I have learned just how much some people do not seem to care or think of someone who has special needs. I am of course referring to cars and their drivers. Like someone with a cane or walker can move quickly out of their way. Anyway then to make life challenging she had me walk in the grass the for about 40 yards. I will say she pre-warned me about there being divots and holes. She was testing my balance and the ability for Phil to re-gain my balance should I stumble. Well I successfully completed their course. LOL! They are looking to cast a brace for my left leg from the knee down to give support while I re-gain the strength. They are very encouraging as they are surprised how well I do in my performance. Funny thing is though seals, bears, and elephants get treats when they perform and I get nothing. Hmmm. After wards I went to my office and saw a couple of clients and did prep work for my upcoming classes. Beth and I had a nice quiet dinner and chatted. Tomorrow Beth will take me to re-hab but will wait with me as we go to see my Primary Care Physician afterwards. Last time I talked to him was in February and he referred me to the Spine Center at Unity because they thought the two herniated disks I have were the cause of my leg problem. It should be an interesting visit. Oh yea I have actually three herniated disks and no idea how they are doing let alone the kidney stones that they have blasted three times and I still have. Well with all that going on Life is Great I gotta admit. Beth is right there, keeps my meds straight, appointments and all, encourages me. What more could I ask for in life? Nothing. She is the best I will admit publicly. God had truly Blessed me with so much and I am truly grateful for it all. Take care and have a good night.

1 comment:

  1. You did a lot of work at rehab!! Sounds like you did great. :)

    ReplyDelete