Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday August 10

What a day today. First off I went shopping with my brother at a Blacker & Decker outlet store. We had fun and I got around using only a cane today. Yes I have retired the walker and am now using a cane. It felt really good to use the cane as that is what I was using before the surgery. I did notice with all of our thunderstorms moving through the last 24 hours I have had a lot of headaches. Good news is I only need Tylenol for the headache. I did real good with my cane walking around the store and through the parking lots. I may not have moved as quickly as I wanted to but still I can use the cane to get around. Tomorrow should be good too as I go to my first full therapy session, one hour. I want to exercise and strengthen my leg. Though life is changing and I am re-gaining I am still echoing the words of Kate in my mind "a new normal". I am still watching myself and going to slow down a bit and not pick up as much as I did before.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if you'll be able to predict thunderstorms now.... You'd be more reliable than the tv weatherman!!

    ReplyDelete