Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday

Well today was a fantastic day to say the least. First of all I decided to 'graduate' myself to a cane. The people in PT suggested I use one and not the walker and I did fairly well so today I decided that to get around the house I would use my cane and no walker. I did good all day with it! I was so proud of myself. Also I have managed to completely avoid the refrigerator [LOL!]. I worked on my notes for my Child Development class that is upcoming and I noticed that I was taking the information and lecture in a lot easier than just four days ago. Dr Pilcher told me about my memory and all with its workings just after surgery. Beth and I went to church and had some dinner when we got home. Of course I had the cordless phone with me in the family room to answer during the day. Well, when it came time to leave for church I put the phone in my pocket so I could use the walker to get to the base and put it back. I could blame short term memory [lol] as what I did was completely forgot to put the phone on the base unit. Yep, it went to church with me and back home again as I completely forgot I had it. Not being able to find it Beth his the pager button and I heard it ring so I picked up the cushions on the couch but could not find it, yet I heard it. Then the light bulb went off and I realized it was in my pocket. Beth got a great laugh out of it. Over all it was a good day and I plan on using the cane more and more so I will not need the walker and just a cane. I am just very aware that my head, not leg, had 65 staples in it and now has 6 titanium plates with screws holding it together for a reason so be careful! Still my recovery is nothing short of a miracle and God's hand is so evident in my life. I am so thrilled and want so much to share with others. Thanks and God Bless

2 comments:

  1. That's so funny about the phone. What would've been more funny is if it would've went off in church. hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's hilarious about taking the phone to church with you!

    ReplyDelete