Monday, August 10, 2009

Disclaimer of Previous Post

Hi everyone,
It's Beth and I just had to post a "Spousal Disclaimer" to Phil's previous post. I came home from a busy day at work and decided to sneak a peak at "Phil's Progress". Imagine my surprise at reading my wonderful husband's post regarding the retirement of his walker. Now I am all for rehabilitation but in my opinion, Dr. Phil is being stubborn. I cannot imagine how hard it must be for an active, healthy, human being to struggle with physical limitations and I guess I'm still walking around with my "happy to have a miracle" mentality. That said, I surrender Phil (even his walker) to our Lord (and the physical therapists), if (and only if) they give approval, then Phil can retire his walker. I'm not trying to hold back his progress, just hoping to insure that he doesn't harm himself in his exuberance to excel. Please keep giving Phil your encouragement and remember him in your prayers. This week begins the 3x week physical therapy (along with home exercises) and he's going to try a couple of hours at his office. Specifically, pray that his energy will hold out for the day (and that he will know when to take small breaks). We believe without a doubt that it is the prayers of each of you that continue to hold us upright and for that, we are forever grateful.
Beth

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad everything is going so well. Keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to smile at your disclaimer, Beth :)

    ReplyDelete