Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday Afternoon

Hello,
It's Beth (again). I just had to share that when Phil logged on to read his blog this morning (I was in the kitchen making coffee) I heard a loud "Hey" - I knew right away he had seen my "Disclaimer" post. It made me smile to think that in the midst of such seriousness (making sure he doesn't fall, taking all of his medications, arriving on time at his Dr. appts, etc...) we were laughing at a "He said" "She said" moment. Phil is one of the most generous and loving men in the world. His view of "normal" is changing and it's a "good thing" (that's a shout out to all Martha Stewart fans of ages ago), but I digress. I know that beginning today his days will be getting longer with physical therapy session and even going to his office for a couple of hours. I will pick him up after work and I fully expect that he will be tired, and yet excited, that God has continued to watch over him. It's a good reminder to me that God walks beside us always. God has plans for our lives. I firmly believe that Phil's experiences this summer are a part of a greater plan (something that we cannot begin to imagine). Perhaps someday we will be able to look back and say "That's why God allowed that to happen" but in the meantime, it's a crazy ride through life that only a believer can appreciate. Our God is awesome and loving and healing and kind and ..... (fill-in the blank). He's amazing and everyday He blesses us with friends and family who give encouragement. Corrie TenBoom said it best when she said "Every person we meet, every experience we have, is but a preparation for a future that only He knows" I second that!

No comments:

Post a Comment