Monday, August 17, 2009

August 17th

Well today was a busy day and real test for me. I had my physical therapy this morning and once again they worked me real hard. Kind of like take no prisoners. Good piece is that they are teaching me techniques to re-teach my brain to communicate to the leg. It really is interesting to see and I trust them so I am listening. I am supposed to try and kick my left leg out as far as I can when I walk, this will help me regain control of it. They also had me try to control where the left foot was placed which one might think is an easy task but not for me. It kind of hovers when I try to put it down. I also actually put the shower head toward my head and put water on it. I know it sounds simple but it was scary for me, as I am very protective of that area. In therapy they had me try to pick my left foot up and put it in a specific spot I pick and then move it back to where I had it originally, exactly. Well after about three tries you could see my foot shutter. The therapist was saying that is the muscle coming alive. She also asked me to try and stand on my left leg and pick my right leg up. No way. I was able to stand on the tip toes of my right foot but that was all for now. I have more work to do. It was nice as I saw some clients and did a presentation in the evening that was scheduled last June when I had my worse seizure that was almost a stroke. It is nice to get back to life, but I will do it slowly.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, Dr. Phil ~
    So ... you have been working very hard and it sounds as though you are making great strides of progress -- even if you don't think it is fast enough! I am so happy that you and Beth will be able to celebrate Molly's second birthday with her. Wishing you a safe and enjoyable journey to Ohio and home again.
    All the best ... Anne

    ReplyDelete