Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 18

Today I had my physical therapy again. She [Kelly] did a lot of work on exercises with me and checking my ability to move mostly for my brace. I go tomorrow to get cast for my brace. Good news is that Kelly says I have shown enough improvement to get a brace that will have flexibility built into it. When Kelly was doing the exercises with me she asked me to do things like bend my leg at the knee while laying on my stomach toward my back. I couldn't move it at all, nor could I move my left foot to the left or right. I will admit it felt really defeating to think I could not do something so simple that I was able to do with ease only a few months ago. I have faith though that thru effort and prayers I will regain the use of my left leg. It just helps me to realize the road to recovery is going to take awhile. I need to be patient and diligent in my efforts. All in all though I am still making steps forward, maybe small ones sometimes but still they are forward and that is what makes the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment