Monday, August 24, 2009

The Lighter Side

With all the serious sides to my experience I thought in this update I would update my latest and share some of the funny moments if possible. Beth was asking me if I have ever shared about one of my episodes, seizures I had. She was referring specifically back on the Mother's Day week. I surprised Beth by having Molly and Kate fly out for Mother's Day. Anyway during their visit I happen to come downstairs as I couldn't fall asleep one night. While in the family room I fell asleep on the couch and was awoken by a seizure. Unable to go anywhere I rolled off the couch onto the floor. During the seizure I called out for Beth to help me as much and often as I could. When all was done I was exhausted as was the normal case after a seizure so I made my way upstairs and just fell asleep til morning. In the morning I was explaining to Kate and Beth what had happened and if they heard anything, Beth said she heard nothing. Kate told me she did wake up hearing "something" like maybe a burglar but then heard nothing and fell back asleep. Not to worry my little kitty Bambi stayed right with me the whole time. Good thing I was not a burglar or I could have stolen the house. LOL! To continue on, my PT went well today and I did my exercises with some improvement. Also our visit to Findlay was fantastic, having little Molly for a few afternoons. Being one of my inspirations to carry on through the surgery and recovery process. We also decided to change who will be doing my brace up as my PT people think it should be jointed as do Beth and I. So things are going well, as even my anti-seizure medication has been reduced. Praise God.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! That's funny that Kate thought it could've been a burgler but went back to sleep. lol

    ReplyDelete