Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wednesday August 26th


Well I thought I would share a picture of me shortly after my surgery. Because the surgery was on the right side of my brain that is the side of my face that was swollen up as you can see. Believe it or not people who would visit me would tell me "Boy you look good" to which I replied, "you lie well". I think most would agree I look anything but good. LOL! Beth took the pictures to show my progress. As of today we have decided to switch doctors for my brace. Tomorrow I visit my offices at the college campus to prepare for my classes. Beth is concerned that I will take on too much with teaching and clients. When we saw the surgeon we shared how I am having headaches and they told us that I should expect them for at least four to six months. The last two nights have been real bad and I am trying to avoid taking the vicodin for relief. PT went well today as I was able to show the therapist that there is some muscle movement in my left toes [though the toes do not move]. She swears she sees something of muscle response so I trust she does. It just feels so weird to be telling a part of my body to move and nothing happens. Kind of like a child ignoring a parent.

1 comment:

  1. That's great that there's muscle movement. Hopefully those toes themself follow soon!

    ReplyDelete