Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday August 19th

Well today was a full day and tiring as we prep to head to Ohio tomorrow for our granddaughter's second birthday! She is one of the inspirations that I focused on to go through this whole thing. She is such a cutie! Anyway physical therapy was very tiring again, they are really challenging me which is good. They are doing my schedule every other day next week which will be nice instead of three days in a row. I went for my brace today and the doctor was not sure why we were there. Talk about confusing. Anyway things got straightened out and they were doing a review of my foot before they cast it for a brace. So now Beth and I understand what was going on. I get fitted next week and the brace will be ready two weeks after that. The doctor did not agree with my physical therapist as to the type of brace. My therapist wanted it to be jointed at the ankle but the doctor said she does not want it jointed but a solid piece and joint it later. She said my ankle and foot is not strong enough for the support. So that being said my progress forward may be a foot at a time or an inch at a time but none the less it is 'forward' and that is what counts. I do know that my game plan is to hold little Molly in my arms and be able to 'fly' her through the air again and see that big smile on her face enjoying it. I also am realizing I need rides as my appointments are scattered making it difficult on Beth to take me. Hard for me to call and ask but like Kate said it is a new normal and I am learning and as I tell my students learning is a process. So tomorrow we see the neuro surgeon who God used to remove my tumor for a check up and then off to Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment