Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gains

Today Beth was able to encourage me and I walked two stairs at a time coming down to breakfast! What a fantastic start to the day, I also realize how much we can take somethings for granted. Though I cannot get into PT until Thursday I did some of my own with assistance of my brother and sister, straightening my leg out and bending it and back out. Again sounds simple but it can be very difficult. I try to walk and exercise the leg as much as possible and healing is taking place. I actually made my own dinner up and feel great about that accomplishment. I am gaining a whole new respect for those around me who do not have life so easy for mobility. The beauty that surrounds me from God is still amazing, and as Kate has said Phil is going to learn a 'new' normal. I am going to live a new normal and not just with any restrictions but also life. I am really looking forward to being open to God using me to His Will and how this might Bless or help someone else.... I am still smiling at the two stairs this morning. . .

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! I continue to pray for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're doing amazing! (I think I said that before but you really are!) Keep it up Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you dad and am SO proud of you :-)
    Karissa

    ReplyDelete