Thursday, August 6, 2009

Learning

Today was most interesting. My brother, Jim, is such a Blessing. He is not only an older brother [2 yrs'] but also a brother in Christ which is great. Anyway we spent the day together again and he is so patient and encouraging with me. Reminding his little brother how and how not to do things for my well being. He helped me exercise my leg a lot today, he keeps me going and though helpful is great at helping me learn independence. I want to do as much as possible so my Jim and I did some of the weekly and daily household duties that needed to done so Beth wouldn't have to. It was a very long day for me at the same time and I was exhausted by the time Beth picked me up and brought me home. Well, unfortunately why she was getting the mail I decided I could make my own dinner and went to the refrigerator. As I was getting stuff out I hit the top of my head against the freezer handle and with no staples anymore cut my head open. It started bleeding at a good flow so I was able to put some cloth and ice on it to stop the bleeding and it did. When Beth came in she assisted me. I told her that I am focused on my leg and regaining the use of it that I forget how my head is where the operation is done. Lesson learned is God is reminding my I had surgery on my head not my leg. Heal the head and leg will follow. I will say I had a headache and could feel the scalp so I learned. I guess sometimes no matter how old we get we still need some help learning. I start my physical therapy tomorrow and I am looking forward to that. I actually believe that by next week I will graduate from walker to cane. I will also remember that though the left leg may not work my 'head' is what I need to protect. Thank you for your continued prayers as they make a difference and I firmly believe is directly impacting my healing and situation in life every minute of every day. . . Praise Him

2 comments:

  1. Dr. Phil ~
    I know you want to get healed as fast as you possibly can ... but take that knock on the head as a gentle (well, maybe not so gentle) reminder from God that you must take this one step at a time and slow down a bit!
    Hope your p.t. goes well today -- keep up the good work!
    All the best -- lots of prayers and hugs to you and yours continue, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! You sure did a lot! How tiring! Def need to heal that head. You're right the leg will follow!

    ReplyDelete