Friday, July 24, 2009

2 Days After

We got here about 8 this morning. We are hoping to see the doctor before I have to leave for the airport. Phil informed us he had an awful night. They tried to get him up to go to the bathroom, and every time he would stand his heart rate would go sky high, and his head would bleed a lot. I know this scared Phil a lot. He is still so very weak from the blood loss, major surgery, and laying in bed for 2 days. It was so hard for him to move, let alone have blood dripping down his face and on the floor.

His pain seems more bearable today, or at least he is feeling the effects of the pain medications. So getting him up for a physical therapy assessment today is going to be quite a chore. He still can not feel anything in his left leg. It's like when your foot falls asleep and you can't move it. That is his whole left leg. Then his right leg is weak from not being used for a couple of days. They brought him a walker, so he will be using that to try and get around.

Phil still needs lots of prayers. I know everyone knows that, but I also know it's easy to think, "oh he made it through just fine." Which he did, and we are very grateful, but he also has a long road ahead of him.

Tonight or tomorrow he should be moved to a regular room. Once he is there he will have to move on his own, and start to take care of himself a little bit more. I know it is good for him, but it also is defeating for him too. He keeps saying, "I am only 52 years old, and my body is acting like I am 92." It is so hard for him to do simple things. We know it is just from the blood loss, and laying in bed. So we will keep praying for strength, encouragement, and quick healing.

Once the doctor comes, he will evaluate if Phil needs more staples. We will keep you posted. I am leaving today to fly back to Ohio. Then I am driving back to Wisconsin tomorrow with Molly. Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

  1. I think Phil is doing very well for just having brain surgery!!! My prayers are that he continues to keep improving!!

    ReplyDelete