Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Great News

Phil came through with flying colors! We just got finished talking to the doctor, and he had great news for us!

*They got ALL, yes, ALL of the tumor! Better then they originally thought! No radiation is needed!
*The tumor was NOT cancer! It was benign, and did I mention, not cancerous!
*He was squeezing the doctors hand in the recovery room, and talking to the nurses.

Phil did loose a lot of blood during the surgery. The tumor was really bloody, sorry for the gross details, but they said when they would remove part of it or touch the veins surrounding it, blood would shoot up 7-8 inches in the air! Gross, yet a little cool at the same time. Phil totally would think that was cool. So he may need a blood transfusion.

We are also watching for brain swelling, and blood clots. They had to manipulate the brain a lot to remove the large tumor. So now we are watching and waiting for any sign that something is not right. Quite possibly, nothing will be wrong!

Phil's leg and foot are actually a lot weaker then normal. So we are praying he gets some, or any feeling/movement back. We will know more over the next couple of weeks. There are many reasons as to why this happened, but we will know more soon.

I think that is all the BIG news for now. Thank you all for your prayers, and encouraging thoughts! God is awesome, mighty and powerful! He showed us His glory with Phil today, and we feel so blessed!! Right now Phil is in recovery for another hour, then he is getting a CAT scan to see how his brain is doing. I will keep you all updated!

6 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!! That's everything that we were praying for and I'm so ecstatic that the news is so wonderful! God is so good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy and praising God! Such wonderful news to hear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRAISE HIM!!! Our hearts are filled with joy! We continue to pray and rejoice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kate and all ~ What a wonderful job you did in keeping everyone posted as to the progress of the Dr. Phil's surgery today. THANK YOU! I (and many others) have been so worried and I can't tell you how grateful I was for each and every update. My prayers continue for his rapid recovery and I have no doubt he will have the best caretakers in the world. Please ... if there is anything I can do (even before he has permission to accept visitors), I will be there for your family. My telephone is (585) 394-0085 -- e-mail address is executype@rochester.rr.com In the meantime, I will keep checking this site and saying prayers for Phil and for all of you.
    God bless! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!!!!!!!!! Praise God!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete