Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Evening

Hello everyone,
Well, it's Sunday evening and we're settling in for the night (okay it's only 7:00pm we're not quite that old). Phil was able to go to church last night and that in itself was a blessing. To stand with others and sing praises to our Lord, what a gift! We know that there are believers in parts of the world who worship in secret for fear of their lives. How often we take for granted these freedoms in America, but I digress... I talked to Kate earlier today and she and Molly were almost to Ohio. Molly was quite the trooper although it was her mom who needed to take a break from the Veggietales CD (hmm, I seem to remember listening to Wee Sing Songs over and over again on trips with Kate) Sorry for the chit chat, I think it's hard to concentrate on the reality of this week. A part of me wants to focus on Thursday of this week, not Wednesday, I figure God has that day covered and I'll let Him have a day off while I take over. Although my heart knows He controls everyday, my mind wants to have control over something. To be honest, I know that whatever happens this week will change our lives forever. From Wednesday forward, we will measure our life in terms of "before the surgery" and "after the surgery" That's not a bad thing, just the way it will be. I've walked this road before. I've had some experiences in my lifetime that could be considered hard by some and so has Phil. We know we can do hard, we may not like it, but we know we can do it. It doesn't mean we're not up to the task, quite the opposite. If this is God's calling for us, we accept it willingly. Our acceptance is possible because we know without a doubt that He holds the key to our future. I have to confess that it's scary and it won't be easy but maybe all the preparation from our life experiences has brought us to this point, maybe, just maybe, we were created for such a time as this. Phil has a favorite saying from John Lennon "You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..." Our prayer is that we continue to rest in the peace of God and that in this peace, we may be given a glimpse of His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment