Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesday, One Week Later

Hi everyone,
I just left Phil's hospital room and cannot believe that just one short week ago we were praying for the surgeon and for Phil's recovery. It's so difficult to imagine that one could have brain surgery and within a week be ready to go home (Thank you Father). Today, I spoke with his therapists (physical and occupational) and they all agree that Phil's endurance is getting better every day and that his going home will be such a positive (of course, he will have in-home nursing care, physical and occupational therapists), but who among us wouldn't rather convalesce in their very own home as opposed to a hospital room (35 min from home)? Phil walked about 150 feet down a room (and back) without taking a break (he was assisted with a walker) but keep in mind yesterday he made the same walk and needed about 3-4 breaks. I started thinking as I was driving home that our God is amazing and yet, He doesn't allow for everyone to be healed (take my Andy for example, our heart's desire was that he be completely healed and yet God's will was that he be taken from us) It made me wonder why? Why are some prayers answered (like we ask) and some not so much (only in a human aspect, I realize that God answers ALL prayers). In any event, Phil and I believe that God has a plan for his life and that He will use this experience to touch other lives. We don't pretend to know or understand our Lord, only that we believe. If God needs Phil alive and functioning then, he's ready to be used. I thank each and everyone of you for your words of encouragement, your prayers and your support. Your cards make his day! I'll update more tomorrow (who knows, they will probably tell me that Phil has set-up a free counseling center in the break room, which sounds just like him, always concerned for others before himself). Thank you Father for surrounding us with such wonderful and supportive friends and family. Beth

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates, Beth ~
    Maggie and I are looking forward to a short visit with Dr. Phil around lunchtime today. By then he should have his free counseling service in the break room going full force! :>) We are so excited regarding the news of possibly going home tomorrow ... I'm sure you must be as well. My prayers continue for a very positive progression towards total recovery in the very near future. Bless you and yours, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each update is better than the one before! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete