Friday, July 3, 2009

July 3 Friday

Well Beth did great with my shots, a real trooper she is. I was exhausted when I got home and rested well. I have so many medications to take they got a container for morning and afternoon slots. I see the doctor next Friday for surgery date. I think my biggest problem is not having the freedom to just have the ability to get up and leave to go somewhere. Being dependent is a weakness I have. I did have a very restless night last night. I slept from about 3 am to 6 am. The doctors wanted me to try Ambien to help me to sleep. They said it would be about 30 minutes and off I would be. well after four hours I thought it wasn't going to work so I watched the Matrix two times, can you tell I like the movie? I am feeling quite up though, wondering how much of my life has changed so dramatically. Teaching, Court work, teaching divorcing parents, doing Divorce Recovery Support Group, helping clients in my private practice and now all that changes. But God is Good and He will put together a plan as He always does as long as I stay out of his way. I do want to say to all that I thank you for your concern. Kate has been such a strength to me through this. She has supervised Beth when Beth needed help [sometimes when she didn't realize it] to see me through. Kate watches me like a hawk too, I can do nothing without her stepping in and taking over so I do not over do it. With all I do the doctor told me of up most importance is "no stress" in my life. Beth giving me my two shots a day does wonderful job at it. I won't say I am not worried as I am concerned. I always knew one day I would go bald but I guess I get a head start to see it. Life is good, I have those who love me near by. Family is very supportive as are friends. I will keep this updated. Today's agenda is lunch with Kate, see a client, get my hair washed and cut then home and see my son for a visit which is exciting for me. That is enough for me for the day. Funny how life can change your outlook so quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Dr. Phil ~
    I am keeping tabs on you through your "blogspot" and, as you know, you certainly will remain in my prayers (more than once a day). I agree that God has a plan for you -- you have so much to offer (and have already done so much!) -- I certainly believe that whatever He has in mind for you will be GOOD! Yes, it is incredible how life can change at the blink of an eye and how one's outlook on life can drastically change. Just keep one thing in mind regarding independence(I, too, found that the hardest part to let go of when I was ill) -- surrender ALL independence to God and let those who love you take care of you and do what you need to have done. It will be uplifting to them, I have no doubt. You are one of the most "worthy" people I have ever met ... you are so giving and so used to doing EVERYTHING for EVERYBODY. Now it is your turn to be helped -- and in letting people help you, you are also helping them. We are all anxious for your health to return ... so relax and just "let" it happen -- i.e., remove that stress from your life, at least for the present time. I know that is easier said than done, but please remember what we always tell the people who attend A.C.T.? You can't take care of anyone unless you take care of yourself first! Time to practice what you preach, Dr. Phil!

    Please know that we all love you ... easy to do because you are simply the BEST. Please let your family know that I will be there in a heartbeat if there is anything possible that I can do to help out. I mean that sincerely, Phil. Home phone: 585-394-0085 / e-mail: executype@rochester.rr.com

    All the best to you and your family -- I'm so happy that you are meeting with your son today! I was so worried that he was now in Afghanistan or some other dreaded part of the world!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete