Friday, July 31, 2009

HOME!

Hello all! Yes this is the Dr Phil himself... the hospital released me today saying I have made amazing progress [we all know it is God]. They also told me prior to leaving that because they want my staples [65] out by next week and for some reason they take vacation [just kidding as they deserve it] they took them out before I left. I had two requests, one was I do not want to see the remover and, two I want all 65 to take with me! Seriously I did, and the Nurse Practitioner said yes and even gave me the remover as a remembrance too! Wasn't too bad at all really, but I had a bit of a headache a bit later. Anyway home and doing well. I am seeing how much life has changed and what my current limitations are, which I will change! With God's help of course. If you call having numbers if I am able to talk I will if not I will not hesitate to say I will chat later or let it go to voice mail. I do appreciate the interaction, life is important for me to get back into. It to me is amazing to think back to Wednesday morning of surgery, what was before all and now what is. What to me is also amazing is the fact that prior to surgery Dr Pilcher and Susan (his NP) told me I would be on morphine and then step down to vicodin and down less. Well let me tell you, morphine was used Wed, Thur and Friday, by Saturday I was on Vicodin and after Monday night I took Tylenol at the hospital two times. Now THAT is Amazing to me. To have a doctor do what he did, and I have virtually no pain to be in is just amazing. Some at the hospital talked to me about it and I told them GOD is so amazing, He can and WILL do anything He wants.... and if someone does not believe me, just ask Him. Anyway, Beth and I had wonderful afternoon. I craved MickyD's fries so Beth bought me some. I also told Sue (NP) to relay to Dr Pilcher that I use to be a coffee addict, now.... I take three sips of a cup in the morning and badda bing I am done! Tried a coke last night, took four sips and no more. Will it change I have no idea time will tell but for some reason I so not like caffeine. I start my re hab on Monday for getting use back and all. Anyway thank you all for your prayers and thoughts and I will update as time goes........

3 comments:

  1. You are doing so amazing! Praise to the Lord! That is interesting that you can't really drink as much caffeine. Did they tweak something while they were in there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Dr. Phil ~
    I just wanted to reiterate how great it was to visit with you for a short time on Thursday afternoon. You (and the Man upstairs) are amazingly incredible! I also want you to know that I gave praise and thanks to Him during my drive home to Canandaigua for being with you and all of us during your surgery, and will continue to do so throughout your recuperation. My belief in miracles has been restored! I look forward to our next visit. In the meantime, behave yourself and do what you are supposed to do -- and don't forget to share those chocolate kisses with Beth!
    Hugs to all of you ... Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to hear that everything is going well! Will continue to pray for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete